of Bexley Bromley Greenwich & Lewisham
Helping dyslexic people of all ages by providing information and support
Due to a change in her work circumstances, our lovely treasurer is having to step down from her post. She is very happy to initially give support and explanation to the next person who takes on this role.
The person fulfilling this role would need to be a Committee Member. The Committee meets six to eight times a year at a house in Bromley.
Our Committee consists of highly committed, very professional and extremely friendly volunteers who possess a good spread of skills. Our Association was founded in 1972, and from the start has commanded a great deal of respect both within our area and nationally too.
Our turnover is less than £10,000 a year so, to quote our current treasurer “The role is quite easy but just needs someone who has a little bit of time on their hands.”
The role entails:
- Making online payments to suppliers (there are not too many and it is on an ad-hoc basis).
- Simple financial reporting (using Excel); cash accounting using the bank statements, which needs to be prepared for the committee meetings.
- Preparing a year end statement of accounts and submitting to Companies House (micro accounts).
- Annual return to the Charity Commission.
Would you like to join our friendly helpline team? Excellent training and mentoring will be given, but a knowledge of dyslexia and the education system would be an advantage. The team take the helpline calls in rotation for a fixed period, agreed amongst themselves. Calls are taken in your own home, rather than an office, but your number will not be given out as we have our own number which can be transferred to any phone.
If you think this sounds like you, then please contact us asap!
Volunteers are also urgently required to help us with our new projects as follows:
- Help with fundraising.
- Help in our resource centre.
- There are also specialist positions for those knowledgeable in dyslexia, SEN and schools.
If you can give us any time at all, or you have any particular skill that you think would be useful to us, then please do contact us.
0300 999 1800
Community House, South Street, Bromley, Kent BR1 1RH
© 2017 by Dyslexia Association of Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich & Lewisham. All rights reserved.
Website designed by Trainy Days Limited