of Bexley Bromley Greenwich & Lewisham
Helping dyslexic people of all ages by providing information and support
NEW (Sep'15) Adult Helpline number: 07762 265827 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday, 12 noon - 3pm
After many successful years, we have taken the decision to temporarily stop the Adult Dyslexia Support Group meetings.
This means there will be no meetings in April, May, June, July or August.
Our aim is to relaunch on 6th September 2017, with a re-focused, forward-thinking approach, which we hope will benefit all the dyslexic adults who attend our future meetings.
The venue and times will remain the same, and we look forward to welcoming you back in September to a group offering opportunities to exchange positive experiences, as well as the chance to seek practical advice from guest speakers and others within the group who share a collective understanding of what it's like to be a dyslexic adult.
The purpose of the group is to:
- Provide an opportunity for dyslexic adults to meet and share experiences. This group is open to people from all walks of life.
- Provide a comfortable and welcoming way for people to explore whether they are dyslexic.
- Take account of the needs of adults who have newly discovered they are dyslexic and help them get more information about dyslexia or being dyslexic.
- Encourage people to mix with others with similar ‘wiring’ and experiences.
- Welcome partners, family members and friends of other adult dyslexics to get further information and to provide appropriate support.
"I never realised that all I have to say is I need some help with that, and you all come up with such wonderful ideas."
Adult Group participant, thanking other participants for their help.
Meetings are held at Community House South Street, Bromley BR1 1RH. Directly opposite Bromley Fire Station in South Street.
1st Wednesday of every month except for January and August. Please note there will be no meetings until the relaunch on 6th September 2017.
Time: 7.30pm for a prompt start at 8.00pm.
Our meetings are friendly. No appointment necessary - just turn up on the night. Why not bring a friend or partner with you?
We welcome all who are able to get to our meeting, from any geographical area. The association is a charity and is totally run by unpaid volunteers. There are no paid members of staff.
0300 999 1800
Community House, South Street, Bromley, Kent BR1 1RH
© 2017 by Dyslexia Association of Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich & Lewisham. All rights reserved.
Website designed by Trainy Days Limited