of Bexley Bromley Greenwich & Lewisham
Helping dyslexic people of all ages by providing information and support
Screening for dyslexia
The Dyslexia Association of Bexley Bromley Greenwich & Lewisham offers a screening service to determine the probability of dyslexia in adults and children, using the LUCID Screening programmes.
Screenings are normally done at our office in Community House, South Street, Bromley.
All Screenings are £40. However, a substantial discount is available for those who can produce proof of financial hardship.
Please be aware that our screening service is operated entirely by unpaid volunteers. We will endeavour to respond to your enquiry within 2 weeks of submission, but this may increase at times of high demand. We thank you for your patience.
Special notice: We are currently experiencing exceptionally high demand for screenings, which has had a significant impact upon how quickly our unpaid volunteers are able to respond to enquiries. Please be assured that you will be contacted as soon as we are able after submitting your enquiry, but this may be more delayed than usual. We thank you again for your patience.
- The programme is computer based, so familiarity with using a computer and mouse is necessary.
- It is suitable for those for whom English is their primary language.
- The screening is designed for ages 6 years through to adulthood.
- In some cases screening is also possible for younger children aged 4 and 5.
- Children are screened using Lucid Ability and Lucid Rapid.
- Children’s screening appointments are available after school on certain days, or on a Saturday.
- The process takes approximately 45 minutes but can sometimes take longer.
- Parents/carers will not be present with the child during the screening process, but there will be a comprehensive feedback to them afterwards.
- The definition of ‘Adult’ for screening purposes, is anyone aged 16+.
- Adults are screened using LADS Plus.
- Screening will primarily be available on Thursday evenings.
- The screening usually takes approximately 30 minutes, but can take longer.
- The results, and possible further action, are discussed afterwards.
0300 999 1800
Community House, South Street, Bromley, Kent BR1 1RH
© 2017 by Dyslexia Association of Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich & Lewisham. All rights reserved.
Website designed by Trainy Days Limited